Stockdale Christian School exists to educate students from Christian families, leading students to believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior, achieve excellence, and serve others.
Stockdale Christian School’s vision is to educate students for eternity.
With the spiritual and academic foundation that students receive at SCS, our aim is to produce students that:
- know Christ as their personal savior and can defend their faith
- are academically ready for the challenges of high school
- know how to impact their world for Christ through service
Our students will enjoy a pleasant learning environment that enables high quality and relevant educational experiences that prepare them for the future. Our prayer is that as adults, they will impact their sphere of influence in the workplace, community, churches, and their families.
History of SCS
Stockdale Christian School was conceived in the heart of Dr. Fred Cottriel, then Senior Pastor, and many parents in our community who desired to see children receive a quality education with a strong Christian foundation. With the fervent conviction that God’s Word is the basis of all truth, Stockdale Christian Schools opened its doors in the Fall of 1977 with an enrollment of 63 students and a staff of three. SCS is an extension of the ministry of First Assembly of God. For over 40 years, SCS has prepared students to believe, achieve, and serve. We welcome you and your family to visit our school campus. Come join us!
Statement of Faith
SCS is a ministry of First Assembly of God. Both the church and the school stand firmly on the changeless Word of God, as expressed in the following statement of historic evangelical Christianity.
The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Stockdale Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Bakersfield First Assembly Board of Directors is the school’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s application.
- The Bible is the ONLY inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God and is considered to be the guideline for daily Christian living. The Bible speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind and is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Stockdale Christian School’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, the Bakersfield First Assembly Board of Directors is Stockdale Christian School’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s application.
- There is only one God, eternally existent in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We affirm faith in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His ultimate personal return to this world in power and glory to rule over the nations.
- Salvation is received through repentance of sin, regeneration by the Holy Spirit, and through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 3:23; John 3:16; Titus 3:5-7). Regeneration is absolutely essential for personal salvation. We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; I Corinthians 6:9-11).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
- We believe the scriptures teach a life of holiness.
- There will be a resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ together with those who are alive and remain. This is the imminent and blessed hope of the church (I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Titus 2:13; I Corinthians 15:51-52).
- We believe that Christ’s death on the cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing prayer (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:16-17; James 5:14,16).
- We believe the second coming of Christ includes the rapture of the saints, which is our blessed hope, followed by the visible return of Christ with His saints to rule on the earth for a thousand years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and establish universal peace (Revelation 1:7; Zechariah 14:5; Matthew 24:27; Revelation 19-20, 21:8).
- We believe there will be a final judgment in which the wicked will be raised and judged according to their works. Whoever is not found written in the Book of Life will be consigned to everlasting punishment, which is the second death (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:34- 48; Revelation 19:20, 20:11-15, 21:8).
- Everlasting life through Jesus Christ is the promise to all who believe in Him. The wicked dead, together with the devil and his angels, will be consigned to everlasting punishment, which is the second death (Matthew 25-46; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 19:20, 20:11-15).
- We affirm faith in the spiritual unity of believers in Jesus Christ. The Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of the great commission. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the General Assembly and Church of the Firstborn, which are written in heaven (Ephesians 1:22-23, 2:22; Hebrews 12:23).
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value human life (Psalm 139).
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutable creates each person as male and female. These two distinct, complementary sexes together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.
- We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Genesis 2:18-25). We believe that marriage between one man and one woman, for life, uniquely reflects Christ’s relationship with His Church (Ephesians 5:21-33). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (I Corinthians 6:18, 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, cohabitation, homosexual behavior, rejection of one’s biological sex, or use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matthew 15:18-20; I Corinthians 6:9-10).
- We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31). Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the doctrines of the school.